Thank you for checking out my portfolio. This part of my blog contains nominations, awards, accolades and my most prominent work to date as a writer. I hope you learn a thing or two from the same.
1. Red carpet appearance and coverage of Edulink International College x University of Northampton partnership launch at Radisson Blu Hotel, Nairobi
2. Cover interview with voice of Apple’s Siri, Susan Bennett
3. Kiss FM Interview with top African music video director, Sesan Ogunro. He has worked with Big Sean, Snoop Dogg, Tiwa Savage, Wizkid, D’Banj, Davido, Nelly, Director X, Runtown and many other artists.
4. The Disney Story, Destination Magazine
5. Interview with US actress Brandi Alyssa young, who later appeared on Saturday Night Live (SNL) alongside Adele, Chance The Rapper, Ryan Gosling, Matthew McConaughey, Tina Fey, Sam Smith, Elizabeth Banks, Lorde and the main SNL Cast.
6. One on one interview with Nigerian designer Elizabath Dankaro, who who has dressed the likes of Ciara, Jessie J, Cameron Diaz, Paris Hilton, Halle Berry and Mary J. Blige. Her work has appeared on Elle, Vogue, Cosmopolitan, Instyle and other top international lifestyle magazines.
7. Interview BET award winning singer Eddy Kenzo from Uganda. He performed at the 2016 South by South West Music Festival (SXSW) alongside John Legend, Stormzy, AlunaGeorge, Rae Sremmurd and other globally acclaimed artistes. U.S. President Barack Obama was in attendance. It is the biggest music event in the world.
8. Interview with top African music video director, Justin Campos. He has worked with Navy Kenzo, Sauti Sol, Wizkid, Davido, Ice Prince, Uhuru, Runtown, Vanessa Mdee, Yemi Alade, AKA and other top African musicians.
9. Interview with top Hollywood music video Hannah Lux Davis. She has worked with Nicki Minaj, Drake, Lil Wayne, Fifth Harmony, Wiz Khalifa, Miley Cyrus, Jessie J, 2 Chainz, David Guetta, Becky G, Sia and many other globally acclaimed artistes.
10. Top 32, Telling Tales Press Shorty Story Prize (2012)
11. Winner, Digital Divide Data & Nairobi City Park Environmental Blogging Competition 2014
12. Top 10 countrywide, Story Moja Africa’s short story competition prior to Hay Festival 2011
13. Top 7 Africa-wide, Innis and Outis science fiction contest by Lesleigh Inc (2012)
14. Windows 10 Launch With Microsoft Global CEO Satya Nadella, Nairobi
15. Global Entrepreneurship Summit (GES) 2015 Coverage – Blogging
16. Jumia Glamour Awards 2015 Photographer For Mpasho News
17. Fashion High Tea 2015 Photographer For Mpasho News
18. Kenya Fashion Awards 2015 Photographer For Mpasho News – Brook
19. Founder & Writer, Top 25 Under 25 Most Promising Women In Kenya 2015
20. Exclusive Ranking Of The Top 20 Holiday Destinations In Kenya
21. Interview with Taylor Swift and Jason Derulo’s dancer Kim Toshi Davidson On His Success Story And Working With Award Winning Musicians
22. Groundbreaking Investigative Journalism Piece On Campus Rape In Kenya
23. An Interview With Citizen TV’s Anne Kiguta
24. Interview with model, actress and Face of Kenya USA 2015 Trina Njoroge
25. Syndication, groundbreaking sampling of the Business Daily Top 40 Under 40 Women To Watch In Kenya 2015 In The Style Of BuzzFeed
26. Participant Certificate, Goi Peace Foundation Japan & UNESCO International Essay For Young People (2013, 2015)
27. Participant And Top 100 At Some Point, International Telecommunication Union’s Young Innovators Competition 2014. The concept was this blog as a source of objective content under the name “M-Hekima.”
28. Independent Photographer, Miss Tourism Kenya 2013, United Nations Complex, Gigiri
29. Interview with 18 Kenyan celebrities at a go (Citizen TV’s Lilian Muli, Miss World Kenya 2015 Charity Mwangi, Former Googler, Asphalt & Inc MD Isis Nyong’o, Actress Sarah Hassan, Sense8 actor Paul Ogolla and others) Read the story on Mpasho News.
30. Interview with BET Award Nominated and MTV EMA Award Winning Band Sauti Sol
31. Interview with award winning South African Rapper K.O
32. Interview with Best Female African Artiste, MTV MAMAs 2015 and BET nominee Yemi Alade.
33. Interview with TV1 Tanzania host Marianne Mdee AKA Mimi Mars (Vanessa Mdee’s sister)
34. Interview with Kenyan style blogger Silvia Njoki on her nomination in the 2016 Nickelodeon Kids Choice Awards
35. Interview with Kenyan singer Mayonde (Mpasho News/The Star Online)
36. Interview with former Googler, MTV content strategist and MumsVillage CEO Isis Nyong’o Madison
37. UNDP Enters into a Partnership with Kenya’s First Lady to Fight Poaching (Destination Magazine News)
38. UN Secretary General Ban Ki-Moon Adopts Lion Cub in Nairobi (Destination Magazine News)
39. Smoking Among Teens Drops, Text-Driving Escalates (Destination Magazine News)
40. Three Al Jazeera Journalists Imprisoned for Seven Years in Egypt (Destination Magazine News)
41. Interview with Nigerian star L.A.X, known for “Caro” and “Ginger” featuring Wizkid
42. Interview with top Ugandan musician Desire Luzinda
43. Interview with Kenyan singer Vivianne
44. Sarah Hassan Is Already Making Moves In Los Angeles! [Photos] (Mpasho News/The Star Online)
45. The Move Bahati Has Just Made Is What His Haters Needed! [Photo] (Mpasho News/The Star Online)
47. Exclusive interview with top Kenyan media personality Grace Msalame
50. Interview with artist Bahati, winner of the Best Gospel Act Africa award at AFRIMMA 2015
51. Interview with Netflix’s Sense8 actor Paul Ogola
52. Published by Ether Books UK, Clair’s Bouyant Instincts
53. Short story Colors published by Artificial Intelligence Scientist/Researcher Dr. Hooman Samani of National Taipei University, Taiwan
54. Finalist, NUHA Foundation Global Blogging Prize 2013 NUHA Foundation Global Blogging Prize 2013
55. Nominee, NUHA Foundation Global Blogging Prize 2012 NUHA Foundation Global Blogging Prize 2012
56. Selected photographer, Thomson Reuters-Nokia #Click4Change Competition 2014 Thomson Reuters-Nokia #Click4Change Mobile Photography Competition 2014
57. Nominee & Finalist, Haller Journalism Prize 2014 (Africa-wide)
58. Top 17 worldwide, UNESCO USA – World Genesis Foundation “Future Of Education” essay contest 2014
59. Selected Participant, Eye Sea Africa & Nikon Middle East & Africa Photography Class 2015
60. Country Ambassador (Kenya), NUHA Foundation Global Blogging Prize 2015